The objectives of the Organization are:
- To uplift social, economic & cultural environment of rural and urban poor.
- To undertake programs, projects in encouraging the people about the utility of using scientific knowledge and technology in agriculture, horticulture, sericulture, afforestation and plantation.
- To promote awareness and group formation for accessing the Government programs already available for marginalized population and helping them in implementing it.
- To create alternate employment sources by providing training on allied skills.
- To conserve and economically utilize natural resources in rural areas through community mobilization and participation.
- To prepare short and medium term village development plan and watershed management plan.
- To encourage community on utilizing renewable energy sources.
- To promote community level facilities such as education, health, art & craft and other cultural skills available with the indigenous community.
- To promote agro based industries in rural areas and skill transfer.
- To promote bio farming in conventional agricultural areas.
- To undertake research activity on environment and landuse change in respect to socio-cultural aspects.
- To undertake surveys on social, economic, political, gender, health, infrastructure aspects in rural, urban & forest area.
- To help in creation of self help groups and creation of micro-credit societies in rural and urban areas.
- To mobilize fund for various initiatives.